Renovating a full-height basement can be a moderately straightforward and cost efficient way to add living space to your home. There are many factors to consider in determining whether YOUR basement is a good candidate for renovation:
- Are there any traces of moisture or mold on the floor or walls?
- Is there enough head clearance or are you continuously worried about bumping your head on a duct or beam?
- Are there any significant cracks in the foundation walls or floor?
- Do you notice a musty odour when entering your basement?
- Are there any white powdery stains on exposed concrete walls or floor?
If your basement shows signs of any of the above, perhaps it would be best to tackle these issues before beginning your renovation. It is less expensive to fix it right the first time around, rather than renovating your basement and than realizing you have a problem. You can save your self thousands of dollars in the cost of replacing drywall, carpet, trim, furniture and so forth. Call us today for a free in-home evaluation and let our trained professionals help you with your renovating needs.